Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Dear Luke Russert: Being from South Buffalo means never having to say you're sorry.

Apparently, Luke Russert, the luscious son of the late Buffalo booster Tim Russert who NOW HAS A GIG ON NBC NEWS I MEAN I KNOWS HE'S GRIEVING BUT COME ON HE'S 22 oh I'm sorry, where was I? So today he said that kids at UVA are smart, and therefore they're leaning towards voting for Obama.

First of all, lol, college kids voting. I was usually three beers in the bag by the time I remembered it was Election Day, and then a good Lifetime movie would come on and it was whoops, sorry democracy, catch you in two years.

But apparently it's not OK to just come out and say something like that, so he wrote a weird post on the MSNBC blog, in which he apologizes by saying:

I MEANT to say that many of the kids who go to UVA are from affluent, highly educated households who are leaning Obama and hence their kids lean Obama.

Um, what? So... you're saying... that... highly-educated... people... vote for... Obama. OK, just making sure.

Bottom line, here, Lukey: I've spent a good deal of time in South Buffalo, the place of your father's birth and still home to Big Russ. If someone calls you on something, just break a bottle on the curb and lunge at them until they concede! It seems more dignified than what goes on in the media, anyway.

Love, Me

ps Give me a call sometime.

No comments: